What do you like about Chapter 3?
- “…at the mercy of whoever shouts the loudest or puts on the best show.”
- “Read your Bible” Study, look into it, look at the context.
- “Jesus started no religion and Paul preached none.”
- A Pharisee is a positive thing. Who was taught that?
- “Paul was a street fighter…”
- “Paul shapes our understanding of Christianity more profoundly than any figure except Jesus. Some argue even more than the historic Jesus.”
- Relationship between sin and grace. “Every sin already carries grace within it.” (Herman Hesse, Siddhartha)
- There’s a difference between someone who see the cross as a death tool, and someone who sees it as a characteristic of God.
- Paul “anti-law, pro-grace” The law had its purpose, but not it has been fulfilled thru grace.
- the overwhelming nature of god is love, mercy, forgiveness, and grace.
- “The law is a minister who prepares the way for grace.”
- Paul vs. Luther
- 1st Adam (Creation Adam) and 2nd Adam (Jesus) “Theory”
- “Is grace really enough to secure salvation?”
- We want the checklist. Humanity needs the checklist. God continuously tells us we don’t NEED the checklist anymore. God is bigger than the checklist.
- Myth vs. Fact
- Leslie is expecting!!! Congrats to Leslie and Ben!
- Leslie in hospital for gallbladder issues. Bay Area 259 til 9pm
- Heather and school finance situation and classes.
- Heathers Friend J, the best school
- John gets home safely
- Misty’s sanity taking care of kiddos alone
- Dorothy’s job applications
- Adam long days at work
- Howards Nook Nights
Next Week at the Bensons! Message firstname.lastname@example.org for address/directions.
Next week Chapters 5&6
That’s it for this week!